Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beaurocratic Drama

I had a great date with M. Tried to find a cheap pair of running shorts, but no luck in the mall. Had a nice dinner, and then went skating for about 50 minutes. It's a surpisingly challenging sport.

Hmmm. Apparently that burned 347 calories. Must have burned off one third of my vegetarian lasagna, hahahaha. :)
______________________________________________
Other than that, I've started to learn what is going to happen due to my resignation as President of a major student organization. I basically resigned because I was running a one person show, spending 30 hours per week trying to keep things going. I was getting misinformation from my superiors, and in general had a total lack of support. Although I renovated the entire community centre with money from the remaining budget and a few volunteers, I found many disturbing things in the process such as rat shit in the kitchen. No response from the superiors. And certainly no cleaning was done despite the fact that many students use the kitchen. Anyways, in the end, it was better to not be involved. I'm done at the end of the month, happy with what I accomplished in the last four months.

Anwyways, I finally heard from an RA about the $20 000 budget. Turns out it's going to sit around, and it's going to be brought up at an RHA meeting. The point is that the general public who unwillingly donate to the funds will not be aware of it, and then it can be used by whoever wants it...

I hate the beaurocracy at this university. It lets things slip through the cracks. I was given incomplete financial information from previous executives, yet they were never audited... which is why I'm walking away.

No comments: